top of page
501(c)13 non-profit cemetery
Woodlawn Cemetery has been operated by the not-for-profit Woodlawn Cemetery Association of Hamilton, formed on November 22, 1879. The original trustees of the Association purchased the land and established the cemetery in 1881.
Woodlawn offers a dignified and peaceful resting place over its graceful, rolling landscape, offering traditional single or family and cremation plots.
Many notable citizens have been laid to rest in Woodlawn, including Samuel S. Taylor, the first game protector, now called an environmental conservation officer, murdered in the line of duty on April 5, 1914. A memorial ceremony in Taylor's honor was held on April 9, 2014. His gravesite was commemorated by a marble plaque.
bottom of page